Saturday 26 October 2013

Today, Saturday Market has been excellent for me.

Arriving at 10:20 am ready with my clarinets and equipment to play Peter chess in the Market Square in response to his 9:30 phone call to check my availability.

Fortunately for me, Neil turned up for a challenging game with Peter which last two hours, leaving me free for clarinet playing in 'my' doorway. Better still for Peter - he won which is recent occurrence
The town was unusually full with visitors - of course it was the beginning of half term - many were out to see the 'sights'. They come for the experience of a very friendly town something we do naturally because many of us actually like people , particularly strangers who bring us news from foreign places.

With my confidence building up steadily I'm beginning to enjoy myself and not be too concerned at what I consider to be rubbish playing. The minute you're confident then you play better, so I ventured into tunes I hadn't played before in public. I gave the tunes loads of enthusiasm which communicates well, particularly with young children who showed loads of interest and big smiles. At one point I had an 'audience' that clapped in time to the music and both children and parents broke out with spontaneity at the end of one of one tune. It felt as though I had arrived.

I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment