Thursday 10 October 2013

By nature, I'm a loner

At the moment I play my clarinet weekly on our local town market day. Playing in public, for me is tough. Never-the-less now that I've established a place where I can play I can get used to the same kind of happening each Thursday when I play. It's a type of conversation that goes on between me and all the pubic walking past. I 'talk' using the sounds I make with my clarinet. I can watch people's faces as they walk past, sometimes within two feet of mine. It's fascinating. It's both very challenging and very rewarding in that sometimes I get a reaction. Other times I get none yet it's OK for me to look at them very intently as they walk past - they don't seem to notice. I'm a very obvious fly on the wall, that is readily ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment