Saturday 12 October 2013

Breaking new ground this Saturday

Somebody joined me to singalong with my backing track and clarinet. Jack was impressed!

I'm hoping that this will be a regular occurrence. The amplifier will take:

A backing track
A microphone
A guitar or other electronic musical instrument

All at the same time with my clarinet needing no such help.

I was told that my playing was good: I certainly pumped plenty of emotion into my playing. This registers with people and got a fair number of smiles. One long held high note raised a laugh and a donation of £1from someone standing on the far pavement.

My aim is to inject enthusiasm with as high a level of skill as I can but the the belief is that the first is by far the most important. Does the music come across as though it is FUN ?

The result is that when I get home I feel emotionally exhausted with a tendency towards depression which then takes a few hours to dissipate as I get on with 'ordinary' activities like a walk. This quickly energised me with the sight of autumn leaves and the sound of  my feet brushing through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment